At Charlotte Candle Company, we have made it a priority to create fragrant, clean candles - a great product worth the price. We use all-natural soy wax, phthalate-free fragrance oils and lead-free cotton or organic wood wicks. Our candles do not contain paraffin, phthalates or anything harmful to you or your home. The dye used for special occasion candles is also non-toxic. This goes without saying, but burning something carelessly could be extremely harmful, so please heed all warnings on the labels and remember, candles must be burned with caution and within sight. 


Ever wonder why some candles leave a black soot around the glass and make your home dirty? It's because many candles on the market are made with paraffin wax. (Don't worry, we had no idea either...). Paraffin wax is a by product of petroleum which is actually toxic. Who wants to breathe that stuff? 


Like each and every one of us in this world, our candles all have their own personalities too. Soy - being natural - is quirky, so each candle may differ slightly in texture and appearance. Some of the fragrance oils used have a darker color or hue, which produces a slightly darker colored candle. Our candles sometimes have a tendency to not appear smooth after cooling – but this is due to the natural ingredients that we use. The candles are made completely by hand and the end result is a long-lasting, clean-burning candle.
Wood wicks...Do not burn a candle near drafts or fans. Trim after each use.
Wet spots... Wet spots happen when the wax cures away from the glass, due to temperature, etc. They still smell and burn amazing, they just don't look so good. Wet spots happen - nobody's perfect. 


Essential oils are classified by their "notes" or scent characteristics. Notes are classified by top notes (first impression, evaporates the quickest), middle notes (heart of the fragrance, most prominent) and base notes (makes the scent last, its scent that lingers even when extinguished). A perfect combination of these three notes is what makes a fragrance lasting and appealing.


Obviously, remove all packaging prior to use. Before each and every lighting, trim wick to ¼ inch. Trimming the wick will also help extend the life of your candle. Never leave a burning candle unattended. Keep away from children and pets. Burn on a heat-resistant surface, away from drafts, vents or combustibles. Keep wax free of debris. Discontinue burning when only ½ inch of wax remains. Don't pick up, touch or move a candle that has been burning for a while, the glass may be hot and we don't want you to burn yourself. Always store your candle in a cool, dry place away from warm temperatures and direct sunlight. Soy melts at 110 degrees Fahrenheit so plan your storage and burning spaces accordingly.

First Time Burn Instructions, Candles Have Memories Too.

To get the most of your candle and to prevent “tunneling” for the first burn, allow enough time for the wax to melt completely across the top creating an even “wax pool”. Even after burning properly, wax may be left along the side of the glass vessel – it should melt away with more burn sessions. If you extinguish your candle before it creates a full wax pool, it will remember where it burned to and you won't get the maximum burning time out of the candle. This could take a few hours for our Premium candles and up to an hour for our Travel candles. We have tested our candles extensively, so please trust us on this.

DISCLAIMER: Please use common sense when burning your candle, heed the warnings on the jars and never, ever leave a burning candle unattended or within a foot of something that could catch on fire.
We are not kidding about this. Burn them safely, please.
Now that you learned even more than you probably wanted to about candles, light that wick and ENJOY!